Sunday, August 19, 2012

HOME

Life changes us...
And I find it all a bit uncanny. The small yellow house where I was born is less than a block from the flat I just moved into. On some subconscious level, I know this was no accident. Returning to the place where I chose to enter the world has given me a new sense of agency. Forever yesterday, today, and tomorrow, I am as bitter and vexed as I am resilient and blessed. My journey through depression, facing a deeply rooted fear of abandonment, continuing to grow as a writer, musician, and spiritual activist, yielding to self-love and acceptance, harnessing the ability to lose control and LIVE by choice and not by default... Every moment has enriched me. I chose to have this life with these moments.  The yellow house reminds me to take a look around, examine forgotten scars, and nurture new beginnings. I kind of go through this time scratching my head with a smile. I know it is all really quite good to be right here right now. I also know that whatever it is about today that I love or hate could very well be gone tomorrow. One day, it will be, or I from it.



"I like who I am Becoming."    - Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment